Surprise Boxes with Mimi
Hi there, Mimi here with a card featuring Surprise Boxes stamp set. I’m also showing you how I used the new Farm House CC die in another fun and creative way. I created a gift wrap craft station for these sweet critters!
Let’s start with a tutorial on how I made the craft station.
First, I die cut all the pieces I needed from the Farm House CC set. (see picture)
- Barn x 2 - I trimmed off the top triangle part of both pieces. With one of the barn cut outs, I used the smaller rectangle die from the set and die cut one on each side of the middle opening. This creates the shelf openings. I put the 2 small rectangle pieces aside.
- Bottom half of the barn - After die cutting the bottom half of the barn piece, I kept the square negative piece.
- Large rectangle x 2 - I used the small slider from Straight Slider CC to cut up the large rectangles to make the drawers. The little handles of the drawers are from the road dashes of the Cityscape CC. I made 6 little drawers.
Long strip x 2
Mini Strips (only need 2 pieces of these)
Next for the assembly. (see pictures)
- I adhered the 2 barn pieces together, added the mini strips in each openings to create the shelves. I also adhered a long strip to the top and trimmed off the edge.
- I placed the other long strip to the top edge of the bottom half barn piece to create the tabletop and then added the drawers.
- With the negative square piece that I kept, I glued the small rectangles to create small cabinet doors.
- I combined all the pieces together to make the craft station.
I also use the Square Grid Cover CC to create a bookcase.
To create the card, I ink blended the large panel from B2B Rectangles CC with Milled Lavender and Walnut Stain distress oxide ink. I inked the edges of the bookcase and craft station with Copic T0, T1 marker for some shadowing.
To complete the scene, I added more images from different stamp sets:
Around the Camp Fire - sitting bear and bunny
Craft With Love - ribbons, markers, can of pens (actually brushes that I masked off)
Cool Penguin - wrapping papers, gift tags
It’s Okay - storage boxes
Zodiac Ox - mini succulent
Inside the card, I stamped a sweet sentiment from Thank You (Love You)
Thanks for stopping by!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.